Rest easy... we're looking after your privacy!
Protecting your Privacy...
The Company is committed to safeguarding personal privacy. We recognise that individuals have a right to control how their personal information is collected and used. Providing personal information is an act of trust and it is taken seriously. Unless given consent to do otherwise, we will only collect and use personal information as set out below.
While using our Sites or apps, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name or email address ("Personal Information"). We will not collect or monitor any personal information about an individual without their consent.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
Use and disclosure of personal information
We collect and use the personal information for purposes including:
- to contact and communicate with you
- for internal record keeping
- to provide information that may be of interest
- to provide information that has been requested
- to provide a service that has been requested
- website and customer analytics.
Mode of processing data
We process any personal data in a proper manner and shall take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure or modification to the data. Any data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organisational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated above.
Links to other web sites
We may provide links to websites outside of the Company site. These linked sites are not under our control, and the Company is not responsible for the conduct of companies linked to the Company website, or for the performance or otherwise of any content and/or software contained in such external websites.
Sharing data with third parties
We may share your personal data with other entities. Such third parties may include:
- those providing and managing IT systems and infrastructure for Medicine X;
- those providing communications software; and
- companies providing external customer support solutions.
We will require that these third parties maintain at least the same level of confidentiality that we maintain for such personal data. Our service providers may be located outside of the United States; however, we will require that these third parties maintain at least the same level of data protection that we maintain for your personal data.
Medicine X remains liable for the protection of personal data that we transfer to our service providers, except to the extent that we are not responsible for the event giving rise to any unauthorized or improper processing.
We may also share data with CROs, charity partners and pharmaceutical sponsors, however, this will be at a level of general analytics data, and never include your personally identifying information unless consent is given to do so.
Other Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data:
- to the extent required by law or if we have a good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary in order to comply with official investigations or legal proceedings initiated by governmental and/or law enforcement officials, or private parties, including but not limited to: in response to subpoenas, search warrants, or court orders;
- if we sell or transfer all or a portion of our company’s business interests, assets, or both, or in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, or other company change; or
- to our subsidiaries or affiliates only if necessary for business and operational purposes.
We reserve the right to use, transfer, sell, and share aggregated, anonymous data, which does not include any personal data, about our website users as a group for any legal business purpose, such as analyzing usage trends and seeking compatible advertisers, sponsors, clients, and customers.
If we must disclose your personal data in order to comply with official investigations or legal proceedings initiated by governmental and/or law enforcement officials, we may not be able to ensure that such recipients of your personal data will maintain the privacy or security of your personal data.
Data Integrity & Security
Medicine X has implemented and will maintain technical, organizational, and physical security measures that are reasonably designed to help protect personal data from unauthorized processing, such as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Latest update: July 16, 2018